Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Getting to know your hosts-Sarah

Hey! I'm Sarah!



I'm one of the voices you hear in the podcast! Specifically, I'm the one who has never seen Batman: the animated series before. So I thought I'd talk a little about who I am, what my background is, and what my relationship with Batman is.

So, firstly, I should let you guys know that Scott and I are married. We got married in 2014, and we've been together for 5 years now. We are both fairly nerdy in our own ways, but in knowing each other we've brought each other into our interests.



I am 27, and I currently work part time as a pharmacy tech while going to school to complete my Master's degree. I took a break from school between my BA and my MA, so going back to school has been a bit of an adjustment for me. My concentration has been in Digital and New Media. In my undergrad I helped to establish and went on to run the college radio station. So being behind the microphone is a comfortable place for me. On top of running the station, I also had a weekly show with my dear friend for a school year.

I have always been a casual Batman fan, even prior to Scott getting me fully immersed in Batman culture. I had seen most of the movies, and was a fan of the Christopher Nolan run. I thought the other Batman movies were entertaining, but silly and campy. I certainly wasn't going out of my way for Batman, but I was familiar enough with all the major players.

A few years ago I helped a friend of mine make a Batman themed cake for her sister's birthday. Here are a few photos of that.



And at our wedding, we had some props and a photo booth. One of the pros we had was a Batman Mask. Here are a few photos from that.





So, I've gotten much more Batman exposure since then. I've read a few comics, seen a little more and of course talked about Batman A TON with Scott. So watching the animated series is one more step on my way of becoming a little more devout in my Batman Fandom.

No comments:

Post a Comment